Steppin' on Legos Steppin' on Legos

What the hell have I just listened to?

I love it.

DigohD responds:

Thanks man!

I take no responsibility for mental issues that might arise from listening ;)

Fat Dog Fat Dog

I'm surprised you haven't yet been scouted for the audio portal yet.

Anyway, overall, the track is composed well, though I'm a bit iffy about some of the instrument choices, namely the one used for the melody which begins at 0:30. This might just be that I don't listen to a lot of club music, so I can't really say much about it. Fade-ins are used well and allow the song to transition smoothly from section to section. The part at 1:45 is probably my favorite section of the song; it's powerful and the build-up really sold it.

I don't really have any concerns about the quality of the track. One only has to listen to see that you put a lot of effort into this.

Well done.

Monolith 1 (Work in Progress) Monolith 1 (Work in Progress)

I think it's a great start! The dramatic, building effect of the reversed instrumentation definitely peaks around the time the track ends, which would be a great place to come in with something powerful.

Since the track is so short, there's really not much else I can say about it. Overall, it sounds pretty good for the opening of a song. I'm looking forward to seeing what future updates (or the finished track) are like.

Chiptune Colony Chiptune Colony

This track sounds great! It's mixed well and has a great groove with a sweet melody to go along with it. It's like chiptune rock.

Red Tea (Ft. Solicia Sancti) Red Tea (Ft. Solicia Sancti)

This is very well-done. The track has a nice driving melody and rhythm, and the more bassy instrumentation that comes in near the end adds a great layer of texture to the sound. Overall, the track is mixed well and sounds good.

What programs did you use to create this?

Deidara responds:

I used Logic Pro 9 to create this piece. Unfortunately, it was my first time using Logic Pro, and I had no idea what I was doing. This would have been much easier to realise in Ableton (my main DAW).

Cheers for the review!

The House by the Cemetary The House by the Cemetary

The quality of this track is simply astounding. I love every part of it, especially the ambiance and acoustic discord near the middle, just before the orchestral instruments come in. I don't think I could ever write something as amazing as this; I know nothing about music theory or audio mixing, and I've only ever purchased the Fruity edition of FL Studio.

In any case, this is a wonderful production, full of vigor. Awesome work.

*Stands, claps*

Azhthar responds:

Thanks a lot for your nice review. It means a lot and is very motivating if people really like your music.... I´m just listening to your track and you really don´t have to hide yourself. If you would hear the stuff I did when I started you would see you are already much better than this now ;)